Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Friday 12 January 2018

Work box





This is the work box that I have made for Aimee Grace, my 9 year old friend (soon to be 10) who is desparate to learn to tat. We are hopefully going to have her first lesson on Sunday morning.

I make the box using old Christmas or birthday cards. There are 6 sides, a top and a bottom. Each piece is made with picture card, a backing card and padded and lined. The pieces are then all sewed together. In the past I have also made the pieces with cloth on the outside decorated with tatting instead of using picture cards.

3 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Love your little gift box or I mean tatting box!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wow! That is an amazing little box! I'm sure Aimee Grace will treasure it. Have fun with your tatting lessons!

Michelle said...

I had a box similar when I was that age, a treasured item for sure!